People often ask me about various aspects of homeopathy. I am always glad when they do, because I enjoy giving people as much information as I can.
- Question number one: What is homeopathy?? Well, if I were to say it in a nutshell, I would say it is a brilliant form of natural medicine that addresses people’s physical symptoms, but also takes into consideration their mental and emotional aspects – so it is truly holistic.
- Is homeopathy only suitable for minor ailments like a cold, a sore throat etc.? While homeopathy is wonderfully effective for acute ailments, it can also address chronic or ongoing complaints, for example arthritis, frequent headaches, asthma, menopausal symptoms, anxiety, digestive issues and many more.
- Can I use homeopathy even when I am on prescribed medication? Yes, you can, homeopathic remedies do not interfere with any medication. As your homeopath I will work alongside your doctor and will never tell you to stop any prescribed medication. As improvement is seen in your condition, it is often possible that your medication may be reduced by your prescribing doctor.
- Can I take homeopathic remedies when I am pregnant? Yes, you can. Homeopathic remedies have no side effects and no contraindications. This makes them especially useful during pregnancy, when many other medications are not advisable.
- Can I give a remedy to a small baby? Yes, even newborn babies can be given homeopathic remedies because their action is so gentle, yet they are powerful in addressing symptoms of the neonatal period. Think of colic, excessive crying, restlessness etc.
- Does homeopathy take ages to start working? No, this is a common misconception. On the contrary, in acute conditions the remedies will actually take effect very fast and you will see a difference within days, if not hours. Chronic conditions – as you would expect – need longer treatment before they resolve, but usually there should be a noticeable change during the first few weeks. It depends very much how long you have had a certain condition. A condition that has persisted for say, 15 years, is not going to resolve in two months, but this could not really reasonably be expected.
- How often do I need to see a homeopath? Usually the interval between appointments is about 4-6 weeks. This gives the homeopath a chance to assess your response to the remedies properly, monitor progress and decide on the further course of action.
These are some of the most frequent questions I get asked. Hope this is useful for you, too. If you have any more questions, just email me on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also ring me, my clinic number is 091-788360. And if you have never tried homeopathy before – now might be a good time to start!